We are happy to discuss conservation issues in Galapagos with members of the press. Please send us an email if you are a member of the media and we will respond to you promptly. While email is the best way to reach us, you may also call us at 703.383.0077.
The mission of Galapagos Conservancy is to protect the unique biodiversity and ecosystems of Galapagos by supporting research and management, informing public policy, and building a sustainable society. Galapagos Conservancy believes in the power of collaboration, favoring investments in local and national organizations that have the authority and responsibility for protecting this extraordinary world treasure. By building partnerships and leveraging already existing capacities within Galapagos organizations, we can enhance what already exists to achieve greater success. Our unique relationship with the Government of Ecuador ensures that our institutional mission and objectives are completely aligned with Ecuador’s vision for the archipelago and its residents.
- Giant Tortoise Restoration Initiative
- Education for Sustainability
- Wildlife & Ecosystem Conservation?
- Sustainable Society
- Paul Salaman?– President
- Johannah E. Barry – Founder & President Emeritus
- Dr. James Gibbs – Co-Leader, Giant Tortoise Restoration Initiative
- Richard Knab – Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Washington Tapia – Director, Giant Tortoise Restoration Initiative
- Roslyn Cameron – Galapagos Liaison
Additional Media Resources
- Galapagos Conservancy Fact Sheet
- Photos for Media Use?
- Espa?ola Tortoise Return: Video
- Fernandina Expedition FAQ
- GTRI Tortoise Conservation Map?
- Galapagos Conservancy Logos
- 2017/18 Galapagos Report (research)
- Galapagos Report prior issues
- Galapagos News (biannual newsletter)
- Galapagos Conservancy Projects
10.30.20 October 30, 2020 After conducting decades of research and advising on giant... More >
10.01.20 October 1, 2020 The Board of Directors of Galapagos Conservancy, Inc. ( Galapagos... More >
09.29.20 September 29, 2020 Rangers from the Galapagos National Park Directorate (GNPD)... More >
Latest Blog Posts
By Patricia Isabela Tapia, research assistant for the Marine Invasive Species... More >
By guest author Cristian Poveda, biologist and volunteer with the Charles... More >
By Caroline Cappello, PhD Candidate at the University of Washington, Godfrey... More >